Downshoredrift

Being swept down the shore of life by the waves of God's grace, ending up a bit farther along than we ever thought possible.

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Life is a War

I'm finding more and more that life can be really hard, as I mentioned in my previous post. Yes, as Christians, we are terribly blessed and we have joy unspeakable in the Lord all the time. What I mean is though, we are not in control. Things happen to us and those we love that can literally take us out of the game if we allow it to. Once again, we desperately need people around us who will encourage us, pray for us, and show us the bigger picture. We need people to tell us what they think that God might be up to in the midst of certain struggles and heartaches. I think that He really wants to walk with us through everything we go through. I think that more than anything, He is there and wants us to know that He will carry us through every heartache and every pain. When life is hard, when Satan attacks, when we completely blow it, Jesus is there, taking it all upon Himself and winning the victory for us if we would just believe in Him.

He is bigger than all of our struggles, and I thank God for my wife, my friends, and my church family who is faithful to lift me and my family up to the Lord when I ask them to. I am so grateful that we are all in this together and that God has not left us alone. The fact that we feel alone so often is such a lie. God wants us to be in relationship and Satan wants us to think that we are in this fight by ourselves. I'm glad that God is right. It kind of creeps me out to think that I would have to walk through this life alone. Praise God for family and friends - brothers and sisters in Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home