Downshoredrift

Being swept down the shore of life by the waves of God's grace, ending up a bit farther along than we ever thought possible.

Monday, November 29, 2004

Thanksgiving with the Family

It's been a while since I blogged. I'm hoping to get more regular with this, but I didn't have a computer all week as we spent Thanksgiving with my wife's family a couple of hours north of here. She and I took off for a night and day to Nashville (without the kids) and spent most of the time at OpryMills mall. I'm not much of a mall guy, but it was something to do. We saw National Treasure with Nicholas Cage, which was actually a pretty good movie. So, now we're back and are settling back into things. Ah, life . . . I have so much to be thankful for, actually. God has blessed me with an incredible family, a wife that I love dearly, a great church to work in and be a part of, and His presence in my life. It is so important to take time to be thankful. Life passes us by and we spend a lot of time wishing that we had this or that, complaining about bad things that have happened to us, etc. God wants us to rejoice! We can do that because of who He is and what He has done in our lives. God is good and I am thankful for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home