Downshoredrift

Being swept down the shore of life by the waves of God's grace, ending up a bit farther along than we ever thought possible.

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Next-Wave Article

I think a lot about what the church is supposed to be. I guess that I am really wanting to experience God on a regular basis with a community of people who want the same thing and get so excited about it that they can't help but share it with others. I want to be a part of a community where healing takes place, where people are truly set free, and where we are not just told what to do to serve God better, but we actually get to encounter HIM. You see, I desperately need Jesus. I've come to the conclusion that on my own, I am pretty much a mess. I don't really have anything to offer anyone except a bunch of selfishness that is dressed up in piety and a handful of screw brained opinons. But, with Christ, I have meaning and purpose and I get to radiate His glory and help set others free. Yes, I desperately need Jesus and I pray that I never overcome that.

I ran across an article today by Mike Smith on Next-Wave. It is a response to a satirical article that is written on that site from someone from the future dealing with the implications of our present mode of thinking about the church. Mike took issue with some of the conclusions of the article and gives a brilliant response. It was really encouraging and I found myself wanting to be a part of the community that he was describing. How many of us really long for Jesus? I pray that my desire for Him increase more and more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home