Downshoredrift

Being swept down the shore of life by the waves of God's grace, ending up a bit farther along than we ever thought possible.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Thinking About Jesus

It is amazing how much complaining I do. No kidding, you would think lots of times that I have it worse than anyone. Something is wrong with this. Something is wrong with that. I really get tired of hearing myself sometimes focus on the negative. Now, I'm even complaining about complaining! This is why any reflection on Jesus is so refreshing, startling, and convicting. I really am so blessed and have nothing to complain about. I read today something really interesting about Jesus in Mark 15:16-21 as he is getting ready to be crucified. It goes like this:

And the soldiers took Him away into the palace (that is, the Praetorium), and they called together the whole Roman cohort. And they dressed Him up in purple, and after weaving a crown of thorns, they put it on Him; and they began to acclaim Him, "Hail, King of the Jews!" and they kept beating His head with a reed, and spitting at Him, and kneeling and bowing before HIm. And after they had mocked Him, they took the purple off Him, and put His garments on Him. And they led Him out to crucify Him.

That kind of puts it into perspective. Jesus had done nothing but bless people and show them true, eternal life. But, they mocked him, persecuted him, and humiliated him. He never complained. He never cursed them. He just looked to the Father's will. What an example, and not only that, but He lives His life through me. I can be that way because of the power that Jesus gives me. This is why I can rejoice in Him at all times, no matter what I am going through. I praise you Jesus, because you took my punishment, bore my pain, and suffered for me so that I could be free and find hope, life, and meaning in you. When I have that perspective, I have nothing to complain about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home