Downshoredrift

Being swept down the shore of life by the waves of God's grace, ending up a bit farther along than we ever thought possible.

Monday, February 14, 2005

Long Time No Write

Wow. It's been a long time since I have blogged. I really do want to make this a habit because I feel that it will help me express a lot of things that I am thinking about. Unfortunately, the past month or so I've been pretty distracted. This has been a pretty tough time for me personally with a lot of family issues and some other things going on, so I have not felt very creative lately. I am praying that God will restoke the flame and help me to dream and to envision what He has for me in a powerful way.

Some neat lyrics from a David Crowder song called "Deliver Me" that I have been thinking about lately:

All of my life, I've been in hiding
Wishing there was someone just like you
Now that you're here, now that I've found you,
I know that You're the one to pull me through.

I wonder how many people are in hiding, hoping no one finds them out and sees what a loser they are down deep? I wonder how many of those people just wishes that someone, anyone would come along and heal them, tell them that they are loved, and help them to be o.k.? I think that probably is most of us at one time or another. The amazing thing is that is just what Jesus does in our life. Luke 4:18,19 says that Jesus came to preach good news to the poor, to proclaim freedom for the prisoners, recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, and to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor. I think that we all need that. I think that we all want that. The problem is that we don't know where to find it and we are afraid that we are going to lose something if we allow Jesus to work in our lives. We are afraid that we will not be able to do what we want to do and religion just doesn't seem to be what we want or what we need. What if Jesus were a whole lot more than religion? What if He was exactly what you needed?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home