Downshoredrift

Being swept down the shore of life by the waves of God's grace, ending up a bit farther along than we ever thought possible.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Thom Wolf

My friend Andrew Jones at Tallskinnykiwi wrote a tribute to Thom Wolf today, my professor when I was in seminary in San Francisco. If you've known me for long you've probably heard me talk about this man. He was really influential in my life as he downloaded a passion within me for people and the nations. God used him to link together things that were in me with incredible truth from the world and the Bible. I might start posting some of his teachings here to get them out in print so that others can see them and use them.

One story about Bro. Thom: He taught this class when I was at Golden Gate called Into to Mission. Bro. Thom was coming up from L.A. every week and it was pretty hard for him to be organized. The first hour of class, all of the students kept asking him questions about things like assignments, papers, tests, etc. They kept asking question after question, and with great patience, he kept answering. This paper is do this day, the test is this day. You know how it goes. Well, after he was not able to teach at all for the first hour, he decided to take a break. After we got back from the break, he had only about 30 minutes to teach and it was the most amazing lecture on the gospel and it's worldwide impact. The only sad part was that we have wasted 2/3 of the class NOT hearing him teach because everyone was focused on the assignments instead of the content. He is a great teacher. Anyway, just a few thoughts about Bro. Thom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home