Downshoredrift

Being swept down the shore of life by the waves of God's grace, ending up a bit farther along than we ever thought possible.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

The obedience that comes from faith - Romans 1:5

It's been awhile since I have blogged again. It is amazing how busy you can get with the daily grind of life. Good things have been happening, though. I have been learing a lot about God's grace and the plans that He has for those who put their trust in Him. He really does have blessings upon blessings for us if we would believe that His ways are higher and better than our ways. That takes faith, because often, when you are in the midst of a storm, all you can see is what is right in front of you, which usually consist of your own choices and desires. God has higher ways for us if we would just have enough faith to obey Him. I have come to learn that without faith, obedience becomes completely impossible. When I try to obey God and walk in His ways, but I am not fully loving or trusting Him, I am trying something that I have no power, or really, desire to do. But, when I am placing myself in His hands, when I am worshiping Him, when I desire for Him to do things in my life that I cannot do, and when I am praying and really believing, then obedience becomes a delight because it is so clear how much better His way is than the ways of the world or the flesh, or even lifeless religion. Interesting how that works, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home